During this course each shooter will start by learning to effectively and consistently acquire targets out to 400 yards using different shooting positions and elevated platforms. From there you will be introduced to aerial based target interdiction from a helo. Shooters will communicate with pilots, engage targets from the air at different distances and heights. In addition, shooters will experience basic foot patrol tactics and hot inserts/extracts as a real SEAL Team does while in hostile territory.
• Review of Weapon handling and safety
• Rifle sight in
• Shooting platforms
• Target engagements at distances out to 400 yards
• Elevated target engagements at different distances
• Basic foot patrolling
• Hot inserts and extracts
• Rifle (We recommend a smaller caliber and chassis such as a 5.56 mm that will allow shooters to engage more accurately. Semi-automatic will also allow shooters to acquire and neutralize targets faster over a bolt action rifle.
• Optic (We recommend holographic sights such as EOTech with a magnifier or 3×9 scope)
• Rifle sling (Two or single point.)
• 7-10 magazines
• 400 rounds of rifle ammunition
• Magazine holster
• Ear and eye protection
• Appropriate clothing attire (Pants and boots required)
• Gun lube and cleaning kit
• Water and snacks if desired
Recommended gear to receive the full SEAL experience:
• Knee pads
• Body armor, Vest or chest harness
• Belt and Handgun
Length: 1 Day
Prerequisites: Basic weapon handling and processing skills.